Thyroid medication advice:
We do not sell nor prescribe medication!
This guide is for those who want to know more about the best types of thyroid medication.
If you do not have a prescription for thyroid hormone, our Natural Desiccated Thyroid Guide can help you with good brands of over-the-counter (OTC) thyroid supplements.
What is the best thyroid medication?
Our thyroid medication recommendations are based on the research of Dr. Ray Peat, a world-leading thyroid expert.
According to Dr. Ray Peat, a good thyroid medication should contain both thyroid hormones, meaning T4 and T3, simulating the natural hormone production of the human thyroid gland.
Both natural and synthetic thyroid medication containing T4 and T3 are available, however, most doctors prescribe only synthetic T4, which can create serious problems. This guide discusses all the important aspects of thyroid replacement therapy.
This Guide includes information on the following:
- The importance of using combination therapy with both T4 and T3.
- The problem with T4-only treatment.
- Prescription Natural Desiccated Thyroid.
- The story of Armour Thyroid.
- The best Natural Desiccated Thyroid Brands
- Synthetic thyroid replacement therapy.
- Strength conversion between natural desiccated thyroid and synthetic thyroid products.
- Why Dr. Ray Peat usually recommends synthetic thyroid medication?
- The best synthetic thyroid medication brands.
- What is a normal daily dosage of thyroid hormone?
- How to use thyroid replacement therapy?
- Why do some people need extra T3?
- Dosage examples of synthetic and natural thyroid products.
- Why is it necessary to go slow when starting up on thyroid medication?
- How to use pulse, temperature, and symptoms to evaluate the effect of your thyroid medication.
- How increasing your metabolism can reveal a nutritional deficiency?
- Why do some people have negative symptoms upon starting thyroid replacement therapy?
- How progesterone and pregnenolone can help stabilize your body while correcting your thyroid function.