The Ray Peat Diet:
Our diet principles are based on the research of Dr. Ray Peat.
I have used Dr. Ray Peat’s diet advice in my own recovery from low thyroid function and hormonal imbalances.
The Ray Peat diet helps you increase thyroid function (metabolism), lose weight, improve sleep, support a healthy hormonal balance, as well as fight inflammation and stress.
This guide provides you with meal examples of the Ray Peat diet. The meal examples are based on my own use of Dr. Ray Peat’s diet principles and show how you can use his diet in a pro-metabolic lifestyle.
Dr. Ray Peat’s Diet Philosophy:
Several foods included in a normal western diet directly inhibit thyroid function. By excluding these and instead basing the diet solely on thyroid-supporting foods the Ray Peat diet strengthens your body and provides it with the energy it needs to overcome stress inflammation and disease.
It is important to note that the background explanations for the Ray Peat diet are presented in detail in our Hypothyroid Treatment Program.
Also, our diet plan provides a summary of Dr. Ray Peat’s diet principles without biochemical explanations.
What you will learn in this guide:
When starting the Ray Peat diet you need to change your habits and learn how to make your meals in a completely new way. In this guide, you will learn what you can eat for breakfast lunch, dinner, and in-between snacks to support your thyroid function and hormonal balance. You will learn:
- How to make light as well as larger meals for breakfast.
- How to prepare lunches, which you can eat on the go or at work!
- How to make small as well as larger meals for dinner.
- Snacks to keep your blood sugar up between main meals?
- How to construct your meals so that your blood sugar is stabilized.
- How to make Dr. Ray Peat’s homemade ice cream, packages, and much more.