Over-the-counter (OTC) natural desiccated thyroid?
If you do not have a prescription for thyroid hormone and you want to increase your metabolic rate an over-the-counter (OTC) natural desiccated thyroid supplement can be very helpful.
We do not sell physical products. This guide helps you purchase and use our recommended practitioner strength over-the-counter natural desiccated thyroid products.
What is natural desiccated thyroid:
Natural desiccated thyroid (NDT) also called thyroid extract is dried powdered thyroid gland from an animal, usually from a pig (porcine thyroid) but it can also be from a cow (bovine thyroid). Since desiccated thyroid contain both of the thyroid hormones (T4 to T3) in a ratio similar to the human thyroid gland they are the ideal thyroid replacement therapy.
Does over-the-counter natural desiccated thyroid work?
Unfortunately, many over-the-counter thyroid products have had the thyroid hormones removed, which is not always stated on the package.
A reliable over-the-counter desiccated thyroid supplement must contain the whole thyroid gland prepared freeze-dried so all naturally occurring compounds including the thyroid hormones remain intact in the product.
This guide provides product recommendations for reliable over-the-counter thyroid supplements with high thyroid activity.
Buy natural desiccated thyroid supplements?
We recommend certain high-strength products, which are only sold through practitioners, such as BiochemNordic because they have a high thyroid activity.
How to use natural desiccated thyroid?
When using thyroid replacement therapy, you need detailed instructions on how to use the product correctly and how to find you’re your optimal thyroid dosage, this guide helps you do just that.
Follow your thyroid function:
In addition, this guide provides important information on thyroid blood tests, as well as how you can use pulse temperature and symptoms to estimate your thyroid function.
This guide provides information on:
- How natural desiccated thyroid is made?
- How do doctors determine thyroid function?
- What information do thyroid blood tests provide?
- The best way to determine your thyroid function?
- How to know if you need thyroid replacement therapy?
- What are the different types of thyroid replacement therapy?
- What is the difference between prescription and non-prescription thyroid therapy?
- What is the best type of thyroid replacement therapy?
- Do over-the-counter natural thyroid therapy work?
- What are reliable brands of non-prescription thyroid supplements?
- How to purchase practitioner strength thyroid supplements?
- How to use natural desiccated thyroid supplements?
- How to find your optimal thyroid dosage?
- How increasing your thyroid function can create a nutritional deficiency?
- Why using a thyroid-supporting diet is necessary for successful thyroid optimization.
- Why supplementing with pregnenolone and progesterone can be helpful while increasing your thyroid function.