Can I Boost My Thyroid With Diet?
1. Avoid all polyunsaturated fats meaning liquid oils, nuts, and seeds, as these strongly inhibit your thyroid function on many different levels.
2. Use coconut oil and butter as your sources of fat. Saturated fats and especially coconut oil support your thyroid function.
3. Get lots of protein from milk products, eggs, shellfish, and meat. Good quality protein is important for a healthy liver and the liver is important for the activation of the inactive thyroid hormone T4 to the active hormone T3.
4. Get good sugars from ripped fruits and fruit juices, orange juice is a great choice. You can increase your thyroid function by about 25% by supplying your body with good sugars.
5. Combine your meals to include both protein, fats, and carbohydrates. When your body gets a full meal, the stress hormones are lowered and your metabolism is strengthened.
6. Keep your blood sugar steady by having milk and fruit between meals. A steady blood sugar keeps your metabolism up.
7. Avoid indigestible fibers including seed, grains, and raw vegetables in general. These fibers can feed bacteria in the intestine and produce toxins.
8. Eat one to two raw carrots per day to clean your intestine. Carrots are an exception to the advice in number 7 and should be used raw, due to the antimicrobial properties of the raw carrot fibers.
9. Use lots of coffee with milk and sugar throughout the day (unless intolerable). Coffee stimulates metabolism and contains magnesium and B-vitamins.
10. Get sunlight every day, if there is no sunlight, use light therapy lamps to support your thyroid and hormonal balance.
On my website biochemnordic.com you can learn much more about my hypothyroid treatment method. A good place to start your thyroid healing is our Hypothyroidism Cure package.